Tags And Technology
The Canadian Cattle Identification Agency (CCIA) has currently approved eight RFID tag options for use in the Cattle Identification Program. These tags have been tested under trial conditions and have met the program’s criteria for retention, readability and ability to withstand tampering. Click here to view images of the CCIA-approved RFID tags.
Approved tags are sold across Canada at the same locations where producers currently purchase farm supplies. In addition to farm supply stores across CCIA offers a direct-to-producer non-breed specific beef tag order web store. It takes fewer than five minutes to activate a producer web store account, choose and order from the full array of approved tags and have the tags shipped to an address of the producer’s choice in three to five business days.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Click here, and select Place an Order for producers
2. The login page will appear, click Register – Create your Access Codes link.
3. Enter your Canadian Livestock Tracking System (CLTS) account ID and telephone number, then click AutoFill.
4. If you receive a notice indicating your account cannot be found, please contact us toll-free at 1-877-909-2333 to confirm your account information or to have your information entered into the tag order database to set-up your tag order account.
5. If your account can be found, your address information will appear and you will have the opportunity to enter your user information. Once entered, click Submit.
6. The homepage will appear. Your tag order account information will appear on the right-hand corner of the page. You are now ready to place your order.